Monday, August 3, 2009

Time Away


Photo Source



I took a week off of work starting today. I needed time away, away from everything. If I had it my way, I would be on a tropical island relaxing and watching the waves do its little dance with the sand. I’ll have a drink in my hand, served by a handsome man or men in their Speedos. Of course my beloved hubby would be there and my favorite part is the no care in the world attitude vacations usually bring. The only decision I have to make is what my next meal is going to be and even that would be served whenever I wanted it. No need to plan or even make it myself. Aahh… my happy place.

*alarm going off* Wake up time. Yes that’s right ladies and gentlemen, that was just a dream. I’m spending my week at home catching up on chores. Anything’s better than being at work to tell you the truth. Yes I know, If I’m that miserable in my job then I should find another one. I wish it was that easy but in this economy, it’s suicide. So for now, I’ll make the best of what I have and that’s a week of freedom.

I got up at 7:30 this morning to get the kids ready for daycare then I went back to sleep and was supposed to be up an hour later. I must have turned my alarm off because when I woke up, it was 10:30. I made myself something to eat and watched Adam and Steve. It’s an entertaining, funny and emotional movie. It’s a gay romantic comedy and enjoyed it. I even liked the way it ended. When that was over, my morning was pretty much gone. I know I should have been starting on my chores but I just wanted to be a couch potato. For some reason, when I turn that T.V. on, it puts me under a I-don’t-wanna-do-anything spell. I fooled around some more on my IPhone reading blogs here and there wondering what makes a blog worthy of a Blogs of Note Award when a lot of them are not even worth reading in my opinion. I did see some blogs that peaked my interest, even inspired me to write. It’s amazing how many people are out there and how different they are from each other and yet somehow connected by the experiences and challenges they’re facing on a daily basis.

2 comments:

  1. "tropical island relaxing" Ahhh, that's the life!! I wish you were in a island too, by your blog, I see you are a very busy girl. You need to go away for awhile.

    Which blog inspired you write? Geez don't keep it to yourself, ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be next year I'm hoping. I'm so overdue for a real vacation.

    I can't remember the blog's name. It wasn't anything special. That's what inspired me. This man was happily blogging away her normal day to day experiences. To him, it was something worth telling the world about. It reminded me I have something to write about as well. I get my inspiration at the most unexpected places and time.

    ReplyDelete