Sunday, August 23, 2009

Things Taken for Granted

Oftentimes, we are so used to things and people around us that we take them for granted. Once in a while, something happens that reminds me to be thankful.

I heard a story about a mom who went to work every day as if nothing was wrong. Someone found out that she had been living in her car with her little boy because they lost their house. They got the help they needed through the company she was working for, thanks to the concerned citizen.

I complain a lot about how messy my house gets and how the space feels like it keeps getting smaller instead of being thankful for having a house and keeping my babies safe and warm. A story like that one put some sense back into my ungrateful head in an instant, leaving me a bit embarrassed for even complaining one bit.

How about you? Have you ever lost sight of the big picture? I'm looking forward to hearing your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment