Sunday, August 23, 2009

Potty Mouth

I call people and tell them to pay up for a living. Yes, a wonderful job, a job I was given without my permission but hey, it's a job nonetheless so who's complaining? I used to but not anymore. There's actually a gratifying part of the job where I can help them lower the amount they owe using my fee reversal power. Other than that, every call is a surprise. I never know what I'm gonna get. It's safe to assume that they're mostly going to be unhappy people considering I'm asking them to part with their money in this economy. Best time to move me over to this function boss, thanks! There are the occasional happy-no-matter-what type of people and they inspire more than they'll ever know but there are the awful ones as well. Take this one for example:

Me: Hello, is Jeffrey available?
Asshole: There is no Jeffrey here you stupid bitch!

Ouch! How did he know my first and middle name without me telling him? Mind reader? Seriously, that left me speechless and with a lump in my throat. What did I ever do to him? Anyway, just another day in paradise. That's what I tell myself every morning.

Do you have any interesting, funny, weird or just mind boggling things happen to you at work? Do tell...

3 comments:

  1. OUCH!! Why would they call you that? Don't you wish you could just slap them?

    I had this one incident today. My best friend is my supervisor (yay!!) Well, whenever I need any help with anything I go ask her but unfortunately, she had off, so I had to go ask the other person in charge. I went up to him and he said:

    Jeff: " If it's not work related, don't bother me because Im busy"

    Me in my head: " Uhm of course bastard is work related. I did not come over here to talk about how great my weekend was nor to ask you about yours you fucker!"

    Sheez!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Restless Mind!

    How do you manage every day at work? If I had to go through that all the time I'd be a crying wreck and most likely quit my job! And I'm unemployed right now so I really need one!

    What is the protocol when someone responds to you in that way? I'm sure you're told to be professional but I'm curious if you'd get in trouble for being "inappropriate" back.

    Good luck in your newest position! I don't envy you!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehehe, well I've worked in tech support for 11 years, so I've been called just about every name under the sun...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete