Sunday, April 26, 2009

Taking Pictures

I'm the kind of person who loves photography but thinks that it gets in the way of enjoying the the event you're attending. You have to stop what you're doing to either smile to the camera or stop to take the picture yourself. This weekend though, I had an epiphany while walking in the famous Pike Place Market.

My husband and I like taking the kids to the market once in a while. It's fresh air, sun if we're lucky and some good food. With my renewed love for photography, I was inspired to take more pictures this time than usual. At the end of our little outing, I realized something. Taking pictures not only serves as a means for a reminder of that moment in time, its also forces you to look at the good things in life, the brighter side if you will. There were a lot of things that I would normally have taken for granted or ignored but I saw their beauty and potential through my camera lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment