More often than not, things go unnoticed by people. Sometimes, it can be as simple as they don’t see you doing it or it’s just not that high on their priority list. In short, you do things that may only matter to you but a good job is what it is and it deserves recognition even if you have to do it yourself.
I came to work this morning feeling overwhelmed as usual and exhausted. I felt as if I was just here and that I didn’t get much accomplished last night. Hubby went out of town again for business last night and I was stressed out to the max again. It never fails every time he tells me he has a trip coming up. Then I started retracing my night and realized I actually accomplished quite a bit. I feel a list coming on.
• I picked up the kids from daycare and introduced our babysitter who will be dropping off the kids to daycare tomorrow to the daycare owner. Both are usually hubby’s duties.
• I came home and made a simple yet sufficient dinner for everyone. I didn’t think I would have enough time or energy to do this without hubby around. I usually cook after I get home from work and he picks up the children so I have more time in the kitchen.
• I emptied the dishwasher, washed another set of dishes and cleaned the kitchen. Also something that hubby is a big part of. I can usually put my feet up after dinner and let my food digest but not last night.
• I packed my lunch instead of buying….again.
• I managed to wash two loads of laundry.
• I gave the kids a long bubble bath which they love.
• I got them ready for bed, teeth brushed and everything. My son didn’t want to cooperate in the sleeping department though. That’s part of the reason why I feel like a zombie this morning.
• And finally, after a nice warm shower with no lights but candles, I was able to put my feet up, watched a funny movie and savored a cup of mango ice cream.
So now that I look back on my list, I think I did alright. *pat, pat, pat*
I blog because I love to write. It's therapeutic and it's a window to a completely different world than my own. I write about what matters to me but may not necessarily matter to others but then again, it's my blog. My husband and I are swingers and I write about that as well. It’s mostly very graphic. I write in detail so you can experience my adventures as if you were there. I never knew such world existed and if you don't either or just want to know more, this is the place for you. Warning: My swinger entries are not for the weak and closed-minded. If you're one or the other or both, please click the "X" on the upper right corner of your screen and save us both the trouble. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, is my rule.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”