Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Close to Nature

My family went camping on the Memorial Day weekend. This is my third camping trip in 10 years and I have never enjoyed camping this much. It took me a couple of hours or so to get adjusted to my new "home" for the weekend. Then it was pure pleasure going forward. It wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination; my husband forgot the tent poles to our 2-bedroom tent. Lucky for him, he found a town nearby that had camping equipments. He got one of the only two tents left and it was only big enough to fit a queen size air mattress in it.

Other than the ocassional tantrums from our two toddlers, it was smooth sailing all the way. The best thing I loved about that trip aside from spending quality time with the family is the fact that I was able to enjoy every minute. No worries...no rushing, no trying to beat the clock, no concern for being late. I just took each moment as it came and embraced it. It was amazing how much everything felt so right, like i belonged there all along.

Like everything else, there comes a point when it all ends. It was a bittersweet experience packing and leaving the camp site. I'm still a bit sad about being back to the real world. On the brighter side, there's always a next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment